Download the Dune 1.0.0 module sources
- dune-common [ tarball: dune-common-1.0.0.tar.gz ]
- dune-grid [ tarball: dune-grid-1.0.0.tar.gz ]
- dune-grid-howto [ tarball: dune-grid-howto-1.0.0.tar.gz ]
- dune-istl [ tarball: dune-istl-1.0.0.tar.gz ]
DUNE 1.0 - Release notes
Changes to Previous Releases
Since this is the very first release there are no changes that we can list. But here is a short list of features that the DUNE 1.0 release provides.
Six different Grid Implementations:
- SGrid: A structured grid in n space dimensions
- YaspGrid: A structured parallel grid in n space dimensions
- UGGrid: The grid manager of the UG toolbox
- AlbertaGrid: The grid manager of the Alberta toolbox
- OneDGrid: A sequential locally adaptive grid in one space dimension
- ALUSimplexGrid, ALUCubeGrid: A hexahedral, tetrahedral, and triangular grid with nonconforming refinement including parallelization with dynamic load-balancing.
DUNE contains ISTL (the Iterative Solver Template Library) for powerful linear algebra. The main features are:
- Abstractions for block matrices (e.g. compressed row storage and block diagonal) and block vectors
- Block structure arbitrarily nestable
- High performance through generic programming
- Expression templates for BLAS1 routines
- Several standard solvers
- Quadrature rules for all common element types
- Rules for hypercubes up to order 19, for simplices up to order 12
- Visualization using GRAPE
- Output in Data Explorer format
- Reading and writing in the AmiraMesh format
- Reading grid files in the grid independent Dune grid format DGF
- Reading simplex grids through DGF constructed using the tools Tetgen/Triangle (http://tetgen.berlios.de, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html)
- Subsampling of high-order functions
- Write grids and data in the format of the visualization toolkit (vtk)
The DUNE core developers have tested DUNE on the following platforms.
- Debian Linux Sarge and Etch, using mpich/lam and gcc (3.4, 4.0, 4.1)
- Gentoo Linux, using openmpi/mpich and gcc (3.4, 4.0, 4.1)
- HP XC Version 3.0/SFS 2.1 using gcc (3.4 ,4.0)
- SuSE Linux 10.x using gcc
We have also gotten reports of successful installations on various flavours of Mac OSX.
For known bugs, please take a look at the bug tracking system and the documentation!
| Legal Statements / Impressum | generated with Hugo v0.80.0 (Jun 2, 22:25, 2023)