Dune Core Modules (unstable)
File reader for the Star-CD format. More...
Static Public Member Functions
|static std::unique_ptr< GridType >||read (const std::string &fileName, bool verbose=true)|
|Read grid from a Star-CD file. More...|
class Dune::StarCDReader< GridType >
File reader for the Star-CD format.
Reads grid data described by the Star-CD format and fills an empty grid with the data. Uses the grid creation methods described in "How to Write a File Reader for UGGrid Objects".
Two files fileName.vrt and fileName.cel have to be present. The file fileName.vrt contains the coordinates of the nodes, each row having the format
The file fileName.cel contains the data of the volume and possibly the boundary elements, each row having the format
The flags flag1 and flag2 appear to be always identical to 1 in case of a volume element and to 4 in case of a boundary element. The element types simplex, pyramid, prism, and cube are supported:
- For cubes, the indices node1 ... node8 are what you expect them to be.
- For simplices, node3 and node4 are identical, as well as node5 ... node8.
- For pyramids, node5 ... node8 are identical.
- For prisms, node3 and node4 are identical, as well as node7 and node8.
This reader only supports three-dimensional grids.
Currently no boundary element data is passed to grid.
Member Function Documentation
Read grid from a Star-CD file.
- Pointer to the grid
fileName The base file name of the Star-CD files verbose Tlag to set whether information should be printed
- The return type is a special pointer type that casts into std::unique_ptr<GridType>, and std::shared_ptr<GridType>. It is scheduled to be replaced by std::unique_ptr<GridType> eventually.
References DUNE_THROW, Dune::GridFactory< GridType >::insertElement(), Dune::GridFactory< GridType >::insertVertex(), Dune::GeometryTypes::prism, Dune::GeometryTypes::pyramid, and Dune::GeometryTypes::tetrahedron.
The documentation for this class was generated from the following file: